Interested in working from home for a transcription company that pays you and gives you the freedom to set your own schedule? Let’s introduce Scribie.
Scribie is a transcription company that provides freelance transcribers worldwide with jobs for their clients.
Today we’re running a Scribie review that will prove once and for all whether the Scribie Real Or Fake, how much you can earn from it, and what you can expect as a transcriber.
If you are looking for a work-from-home job to earn some extra money then maybe Scribie is the best option for you.
Table of Contents
What is Scribie?
Scribie is a company that provides transcription services to its clients and hires freelance transcribers to complete their work.
It was founded by Rajiv Poddar in 2008 and is headquartered in San Francisco, California. The founder has built a working system to provide the best transcription files over the years.
The company uses freelancers to provide transcription of audio files that are 99% accurate.
Thus, quality or accuracy is not sacrificed and the job is affordable to the customer.
You can apply to become a Scribie Certified Transcriber directly on the company’s website.
All you have to do is submit a pre-test, which will verify and (if approved) pay you!
How does Scribie work?
Before going into the Scribie review, let’s see how Scribie works. The transcription process in Scribie includes the following steps:
- Share audio files
- Copy it
- Review the transcribed work
- Final quality check
Steps to follow once you are approved
Transcribers on Scribie are:
- Open your Scribie account and log in.
- Go through the list of jobs and select one to work on.
- Complete the work assigned to the job.
- Submit the file.
- Enjoy your earnings from completed tasks.
What are the Requirements for a Scribie Transcription Job?
Wondering what Scribie’s requirements are for hiring a freelancer? Just look
- Good command of the English language.
- Excellent listening ability to understand words from audio files.
- Pay attention to details to identify errors in audio file transcripts.
- A verified account with PayPal.
Hardware Requirements Include:
- A personal computer.
- Stable internet connection with the latest version of any compatible browser (Chrome/Firefox/Edge/Safari).
- A great pair of headphones.
What is the Scribie application process?
- Submit your application
- Confirm your email
- Get on the waiting list
- Take the Scribie test
- Get Scribie Certification
How much does Scribie get paid?
How can we write a Scribie review and not include how much Scribie is being paid?
The company pays $5 to $25 per hour of audio depending on file length and audio quality. Plus, they pay $5 for 3 hours of bonus audio every month!
By consistently performing well, your chances of being promoted to higher-paying positions such as proofreading or editing increase exponentially.
The average monthly income for Scribby reviewers and proofreaders is $700-$1000.
Is Scribie Transcription Legal?
Yes, Scribie is real; This is not a scam. Employees employed by Scribie are paid fairly for every task successfully completed.
Here are some positive signs that Scribie is a legitimate platform that will pay you for transcription work:
- Authentic contact information and physical address.
- The founder and CEO are real people!
- In transcription business since 2008.
- PCMag (a reputable and trusted source) rates it as one of the best companies offering transcription services!
- Social media presence is a great indicator of authenticity and Scribby is very present and active on social media platforms!
- It’s work from home, which means you’re extremely flexible and don’t need to work specific hours. Not having to leave your house (or even your room) for work is a definite plus.
- Newbies are always welcome at Scriby! Unlike many transcription companies that only hire experienced transcribers, Scribby offers opportunities to newbies and helps them start their transcription careers.
- Transcription isn’t the only way to make money with Scriby; You can even earn some money from referrals on this platform!
- Transcription work is just the beginning; There is a lot of room for improvement and development. If you do consistently well, you may be promoted to reviewer or proofreader.
- Automatic transcription makes life easier for transcribers. The machine already transcribes each audio file automatically; You just have to listen to them and correct the mistakes.
- A preview function is available for each function, which allows you to listen to a part of the audio file and decide whether to work on it or not.
- Some audio files may not be audible or difficult to understand. This could be due to high background noise, a complex accent, or poor audio quality. This makes the job of transcription more difficult than usual.
- The salary is not the best. If all you do is listen carefully to the audio file and type every word in it, you can expect to get paid well. But not reasonable.
- Reviewers mark transcriptions incorrectly. Some transcripts are said to have been rejected for unfounded reasons; Makes some changes that are not in line with company policy etc.
We’ve brought you your favorite games, Exam, and review. On this website (Examviews) we always share high-quality apps and game reviews. You can review and comment on additional apps and game details for free from this page.
If you liked this article, please leave a comment in the comments section.